Tantalus Labs is committed to Sungrown, legal production of world-class cannabis products. The Company was founded in 2012 to revolutionize cannabis cultivation, using closed system greenhouses at the cutting edge of agricultural science. Wholly owned and operated in British Columbia, we are a team of specialized horticulturists, scientists, engineers, and designers committed to the advancement of cannabis.
We believe that natural, Sungrown cultivation methods will usher in a brighter future for cannabis.
Tantalus operates SunLab, a 120,000 square foot state of the art production facility in Maple Ridge, and an office in Vancouver, BC. Our flagship facility and its team cultivate and produce world-class cannabis products. We care deeply about how we produce our cannabis.
The Accounting Associate at Tantalus Labs supports accounting and administrative related efforts across a variety of tasks in the Finance Department. His or Her role is to be responsible for maintaining the bookkeeping, day-to-day record keeping and to prepare compliance filings such as GST, PST and WorkSafe BC. With coaching from designated CPA, CA’s, we will provide you with opportunities to develop practical skills and knowledge in financial statement preparation, financial budgeting and forecasting, financial modelling, management reporting and investor relations.
For an enthusiastic, dedicated candidate, Tantalus Labs will support you in obtaining your CPA designation. If you execute with meticulous detail, are constantly tinkering for more efficient and effective processes, and want to work alongside others who strive for mastery, this job is for you.
- Maintain accurate, complete bookkeeping records for Tantalus Labs ensuring correct account coding of all transactions along with supporting documentation.
- Take responsibility for timely and accurate filing of GST, PST and WorkSafe BC filings.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll and administer payroll changes for employees at SunLab, including maintaining the Company’s Employee Extended Medical and Dental and BC MSP Group Plans.
- Accurate, timely monthly, quarterly and annual management reports consisting of overall and departmental budget-to-actuals, financial statements and capital budgeting.
- Assist with Cannabis Excise Tax reporting with CRA and payment of Cannabis Fees under the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System (CTLS).
- Play a key role in the purchasing and procurement process including obtaining multiple quotes, executing purchase orders, processing payments to vendors, while keeping a keen eye on project budgets.
- Support logistics for community events.
- Maintain product SKU’s, GTIN’s, and information accuracy across provincial distribution partners.
- Assistance with ad hoc projects, generation of special-use reports and to support the CFO and Controller with financial modelling, forecasting and investor relations.
Your competencies are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Biology, Plant Science, Agriculture, or any other related field. Candidates with completion of Diploma in Accounting (DAP) or holding an Accounting Degree may be considered for the CPA Program.
- 1 year experience in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Must have a strong knowledge of fundamental accounting and bookkeeping concepts.
- Working towards or strongly considering an Accounting designation.
- An ability to use Xero, Google Drive, Slack and Microsoft Office Suite, efficiently.
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
- An excited and ambitious demeanor with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Representing the Tantalus Brand by taking pride in mastering your craft.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality in all aspects of your role in Finance with Tantalus Labs.
Working at Tantalus Labs:
If you think like us, you'll like working with us. At Tantalus Labs you will gain:
- Solve important problems with an exceptional team
- Build the foundation of best practices in the nascent Canadian cannabis industry
- Seize learning opportunities to improve your skills
- Embrace access to industry specialists and professional development
The Fine Print
Tantalus offers a competitive compensation package and is committed to ongoing career development.
The successful candidate will need to pass a criminal background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.